Sunday, April 15, 2012
A car hit a tree early Sunday morning near the intersection of Newton and South Streets.
Three people, including a 2-year-old, were sent to the hospital early Sunday morning after the car they were riding in hit a tree on Newton Street. According to reports, the accident occurred around 5 a.m. near the intersection of Newton Street and South Street. Two sets of the Jaws of Life were called to the scene to assist with the trapped passengers, according to reports from Twitter users @NEFireBuff and @brianjdamico. Brookline Patch will have more updates on this accident as they become available. Stephen Walsh contributed to this report.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
A single-family home suffered damage from a fire on Saturday night.
A Victorian home on Perrin Road suffered about $100,000 damage in a Saturday night fire, according to fire officials. One woman was displaced from the fire, which was on the second floor of the single-family home. The home, valued at $899,300 was built in 1895, according to town property records. [Editor's note: For more fire photography by Stephen Walsh, visit http://www.box714imaging.com/.]
Saturday, January 14, 2012
The fire broke out on the second floor of the house at 22 York Terrace.
Brookline Fire crews quickly knocked down a fire at 22 York Terrace Saturday afternoon. According to Deputy Chief Rob Nelson, the fire broke out on the second floor of the house in a side room (known as the "D side"). When the call came in, Nelson said reports indicated the occupants had extinguished the fire. However, when crews arrived on scene, there was still a fire going in the home. Scanner reports indicate the call for the fire came in around just after 12:30 p.m. The occupants home at the time were renters living on the second floor, Nelson said. The residents made it out of the home safely, but it is unclear exactly how many people were home at the time of the fire, Nelson said. The cause of the fire is still under …
Sunday, May 29, 2011
The fire was reported to have started in a kitchen.
A fire that sparked in the kitchen of a Sewall Avenue apartment caused $300,000 in damage Sunday evening. The fire was called in for 9 Sewall Ave. at 5:49 p.m. and was reported on the side of the building. According to Deputy Chief Keith Flaherty, the fire started in an apartment on the third floor of the four-story brick building. The one occupant of that apartment managed to get out of the building unharmed. The building houses 64 apartments, fire officials said, but no one was injured. One firefighter was treated for debris in his eye but managed to get back to work after treatment. Fire officials also reported the apartment had severe "Collyers' Mansion conditions," which translates to an apartment that is packed with possessions and …
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Water Department crews accidentally hit gas main.
A Water Department crew working on Summit Ave accidentally hit a gas main Thursday morning, causing a break. The Police and Fire Departments responded, and the Department of Public Works sent crews to fix the leak. The road was already closed for the water work, so Police and Fire were already notified. It may cause a minor inconvenience to drivers, who should find an alternate route on Summit Ave between Jordan Road/York Terrace and Mason Terrace.