Friday, May 10, 2013
There are three warrant articles on the expansion of the Coolidge Corner Theatre.
The Coolidge Corner Theatre is looking to expand their facility, adding a 180-seat auditorium and an additional screen to show new releases, or first-run movies, as well as new restrooms and a bigger lobby among other proposals. Major movie distributors require a 140-seat auditorium for their first-run films. The Coolidge’s main theater seats 440 and the upstairs theater can seat 220, but the other two screening rooms have 45 and 13 seats respectively. The Board of Selectmen praised the Coolidge Corner Theatre for their services to the town, like hosting the Brookline Together event following the bombing of the Boston Marathon. The Coolidge Corner Theatre Foundation will ask Town Meeting to vote in favor of three warrant articles, which …
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Come check out Nathaniel Philbrick talk about his book, Bunker Hill, at the Coolidge Corner Theatre.
Monday, April 8, 2013
Here are five things going on in town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high of 62. There is a chance of showers in the evening with a low of 50. 2. Story Time at Henry Bear's Park: Come down to Henry Bear’s Park at 11 a.m. for story time. 3. Yoga for Runners: Boston Running Center's yoga classes have a maximum capacity of 8 people. With this small class size the instructor is able to adjust and adapt the session towards the needs of the participants. 4. Big Screen Classics: THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER: A southern gothic with qualities of a Grimm fairy tale, it stars a sublimely sinister Robert Mitchum as a traveling preacher named Harry Powell (he of the tattooed knuckles), whose nefarious motives for marrying a fragile widow, played by Shelley …
Saturday, March 2, 2013
Little Groove is quality, groovy, fun, educational, well-produced music for children that adults can listen to over and over again!
Monday, February 11, 2013
Tomorrow, February 11, 2013, 7:00 pm
Coolidge Corner Theatre, 290 Harvard St, Brookline, MA
Monday, February 4, 2013
Here are five things going on in town today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a sunny day with a high of 35. The evening will cloud over with a low of 18. 2. Sing, Play, Grow! Weekly Music Classes: Sing, Play, Grow! offers an excellent program of early childhood music and movement classes for ages 0-5 at 9:15 a.m. 3. Story Time at Henry Bear's Park: Story time starts at 11 a.m. 4. Leslie Maitland - Crossing the Borders of Time: A True Love Story of War, Exile, and Love Reclaimed: World War II, a scheming family, and half a world almost thwart Janine and Roland’s romance. While that may sound like the beginning of a novel, it is a true story. Come hear all about it at 7 p.m. 5. NT Live: THE MAGISTRATE: In a similar vein to the National Theatre’s smash-hit classic …
Monday, December 3, 2012
Here are five things you need to know today.
1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a sunny day with a high near 54. The evening with be clear with a low near 38. 2. Story Time at Henry Bear's Park: All ages are welcome, and no sign up is necessary at 11 a.m. for free at Henry Bear’s Park. http://brookline.patch.com/events/story-time-at-henry-bears-park-78da9331 3. balletFIT™ with Gina: Come down to DanceFIT Studio at 6 p.m. to get some exercise and dance at the same time at 6 p.m. for $15. http://brookline.patch.com/events/balletfit-with-gina 4.Special Screening:BARRYMORE: Head over to the Coolidge Corner Theater for a special screening of Barrymore a at 7 p.m. for $20. http://brookline.patch.com/events/special-screening-barrymore 5. Zumba® With Maeve: Zumba with …
Monday, November 12, 2012
Happy Veteran's Day! Here are fove things you need to know about today.
1. Weather: the National Weather Service predicts a warm sunny day with a high of 68. The evening will cloud over with a chance of rain around 11 p.m.. The temperature will drop to about 53. 2. Story Time at Henry Bear's Park: Join us every Monday for Story Time at Henry Bear's Park! All ages are welcome, and no sign up is necessary at 11 a.m. for free. 3. The 24th Annual Boston Jewish Film Festival – 804: May 1948. With independence declared, Israel was immediately under siege from six armies. Outnumbered and out-armed, Israel asked for international help. This documentary tells the little-known story of the 804 South Africans in The Machal, volunteers from outside of Israel at noon at the Coolidge Corner Theatre. 4. Veteran's Day …
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Festival features Jewish films from around the world
Editor's note: Jeffrey B. Remz is the Communications and Marketing Manager for the Boston Jewish Film Festival. This is a press release issued by the BJFF: The 24th annual Boston Jewish Film Festival will present 45 films from Nov. 7-19, ranging from an upbeat documentary about one of the world’s best known songs to edgy women’s films to an American classic hand-picked by a theatre giant to a shorts film competition to many exciting debuts from directors. A worldwide selection of film from the U.S., Israel, Argentina, Canada, France, Germany, Nigeria, Russia and South Africa will screen at Greater Boston area theatres with panel discussions involving actors, directors and subjects heightening the experience. “I can’t wait to share these …
Monday, August 27, 2012
1. Mostly sunny today, is what the National Weather Service says, mostly sunny turning mostly cloudy by the end of the day. There is also a 70 percent chance of showers in the evening. Temperatures should range betwee 85ºF highs and 69ºF lows. 2. Sing songs, hear stories, and make a craft for Rosh Hashana at Story Time at Henry Bear's Park! The fun starts at 11 a.m. and is free! If you're coming, they also want you to bring a friend. 3. The Brookline Police are offering a Three-Night Self-Defense Class for Women which starts tonight at the Pierce School, at 6 p.m. The goal is to teach students basic defense, risk avoidance and a little martial arts. 4. Why do I have to be Mr. Pink? The Coolidge Corner Theatre is screening a Big Screen …