For the last 29 years, Cafe Society has been providing customers from all age groups with unique vintage pieces. The majority of Cafe Society's clothing comes from the 1950s and 1960s although, the shop boasts several older pieces. There are clothes, shoes, hats and other accessories for men and women. Most vintage garments were not made with elastic, so the store's owner advises first time and returning vintage shoppers to know their measurements.
- Hours: Summer: Tue - Sat, noon - 6pm. Hours are subject to change in the fall.
- Handicap Accessible: There is a slight step into the store.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Clothing and accessories. There's even a hand-crocheted Irish lace day coat from the Edwardian period.
- Return policy: Gifts can be returned for store credit.
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: There is a great age range in the area. My clientele consists of people in their early 70's to junior high school students. There are a lot of students from Emerson College and the Museum school who stop buy looking for something unique.
- What's a fashion tip that never goes out of style?: Mix vintage with contemporary. Wear a 1950s-style skirt with a pair of Prada shoes. Wearing head-to-toe vintage will make you look like you're wearing a costume.