The following incident report is based on dispatch logs for Sept. 5 through 6. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- 5 Linden Place reported a larceny incident at about 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Breaking-and-entering and a larceny reported at 80 Verndale Street, about 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
- 117 Davis Avenue reported a bicycle was stolen at about 5:45 p.m. on Wednesday. The bike was left unlocked on his porch.
- Wednesday at about 6 p.m., theft of a bike stored at 82 St. Paul Street.
- A report of a larceny incident was reported at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, from 34 Station Street.
- Police investigated an incident of larceny reported at 850 Boylston Street on Wednesday, after a woman said she had left some items in the bathroom and left without taking them, when she went to pick them up at about 7 p.m., she found they were gone.
- A man on Lancaster Terrace said that someone had used his social security number under a different name, before 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday. The detective division is following-up with the incident.
- On Colburne Crescent, a woman reported that her jewelry box had been emptied out, and that seceral items were taken. Some time between 3 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. Nothing else was taken from the house, police found no signs of forced entry. The woman also reporetd that she had heard a sound coming from the second floor of the home, but had assumed it was her cleaning lady.
- Some time between Aug. 31 and Thursday at 5 p.m., a man on Alton Place found that his bike had been stolen. He says he locked it to a post on the rear fire escape of his building, but the cable was cut and left behind at the scene.
- A larceny incident was recorded at Star Market on Beacon Street, Thursday, at about 10 p.m. on Thursday.
- People were reportedly injured in a crash at the Country Road/Clyde Street intersection, at about 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Hit-and-run crash at about 1 p.m. on Thursday outside of Trader Joe's on Beacon Street.
- At the Washington Street and Beacon Street intersection, at about 3 p.m. on Thursday, a pedestrian was reportedly hit in traffic.
- An officer watched a car drive through a red light at the Pond Avenue intersection with Washington Street, at about 3:15 p.m. After pulling the driver over, the police officer reported smelling marijuana. Police investigated the vehicle nad found a brick of marijuana in the center console of the car. The driver was charged with violating the controlled substance law, and possession of class D marijuana. The passenger was charged with possession with intent to distribute, possession of marijuana, and possession in a school zone.
- A woman and her husband were walking along Pond Ave and passing a large dog, which she reports bit her hand, breaking the skin. The incident occured on Wednesday, before 7:45 p.m. On Thursday, the woman went to the hospital to evaluate her hand.