The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Sept. 10 through 11. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Breaking-and-entering with larceny reported at about 10:30 a.m. on Monday, at 64 Colburne Crescent.
- Shoplifting report came in from the Stop and Shop on Harvard Street. An employee reportedly saw a man putting items in his backpack. Police arrested and charged the man with shoplifting, and a search of his person turned up a class A drug (heroin), and possession of a class B drug, (Suboxone) without a prescription, for which he was additionally charged.
- Bike reportedly stolen from 117 Stedman Street on Tuesday, reported before 9 a.m.
- Caller reported a breaking-and-entering of a vehicle parked at 599 Brookline Avenue, about 2:30 p.m.
- At about 7:30 p.m., a 1064 Beacon Street resident reported that he heard a loud noise, that sounded like someone was trying to break into the unit next door. Police arrived on the scene, and spoke with the caller, who was able to identify the suspect--described as a white man wearing a white T-shirt, khaki shorts. Police filed a warrant for Breaking and Entering.
- Larceny incident reported at about 8:30 p.m., Tuesday, from the 1200 block of Beacon Street.
- The driver of a vehicle reported that, as she pulled into a parking spot near the Harvard Street intersection with Williams Street, her vehicle collided with a cyclist, about 10:30 a.m. on Monday. Police arrived on the scene to render assistance.
- A past assault-and-battery incident at about 3:45 p.m. on Monday near 400 Heath Street.
- Hit-and-run crash reported at 5:15 p.m. on Monday, when a woman reported that a construction truck sideswiped her car on the driver's side. However, she did not catch the name of the company or the license nubmer.
- At about 3:45 a.m. on Beacon Street, Tuesday, police saw a vehicle driving on the tracks, and getting stuck. When they interviewed the driver, they found he had glassy eyes and was slurring his speech. The driver was arrested and charged with Operating Under The Influence Liquor.
- People were reportedly injured in a two car crash at Boylston Street and Hammond Street at about 7:45 a.m. on Tuesday. One of the vehicles was towed from the scene.
- Graffiti complaint report recorded at 209 and 229 Harvard Street before 8 a.m. Monday.