The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Oct. 3 through 4. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- A man's car, parked on Columbia Street, was reportedly rummaged through overnight, he reported to police at 8:15 a.m. on Wednesday.
- A patron at a gas station on Harvard Street reportedly left the store without paying for their purchase. Police investigated the incident, reported before 11 a.m. on Wednesday.
- A report of larceny from 1200 Beacon Street was reported at about 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Wednesday, about 10:30 p.m., a Cameron Street resident reported an incident of fraud.
- A breaking-and-entering of a vehicle parked on Gerry Road, some time between Wednesday at 11 p.m. and Thursday at about 7:15 a.m. The owner found his window rolled down and items removed from inside.
- Bay State Liquors reported a shoplifting incident on their premises, and an officer caught up to him. Employees reported he had two bottles of Johnny Walker stuffed into his pants--he had tried to buy a third on an EBT card, which was declined. The man was arrested and charged with shoplifting, at about 2 p.m.
- Corey Road and Beacon Street, a caller reported an incident of road rage at about 11 a.m. Wednesday. Police gave this incident special attention.
- Officers oversaw the exchange of information after a reported hit-and-run crash at 621 Hammond Street. The logs indicate that officers went to an address in Newton.
- Sumner Road and Blake Road area, a report came in of a turkey complaint, 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
- 300 South Street, a report of a past assault-and-battery at about 10:15 p.m.
- Police summonsed a woman to court after an assault with a dangerous weapon, in which she reportedly hit a man with an umbrella. He received no visible injuries, and she was to be summonsed.
For up-to-the-minute updates about Brookline, follow us on Facebook or Twitter , or sign up for the Patch Newsletter .