The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Oct. 26 through 28. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- 26 Weybridge Road reported a breaking-and-entering incident before 10 a.m. on Friday.
- The manager of a Brookline Avenue business reported that before 6 p.m., a customer lost his wallet while in the store. The manager reported that he saw another man leave with that wallet. He described the suspect as a light-skinned black man of medium build, betwee 5'7" and 6' tall with a white long-sleeved T-shirt, gray sweatpants, black sneakers, and a tan baseball cap with a white bandana under the hat.
- A 59 Perry Street resident reported an incident of fraud at about 12:15 p.m. on Saturday.
- Vehicle reportedly stolen from a parking lot on Sunday, before 12:45 a.m. on Beacon Street. The owner said that she hung her coat in a locker room, with some personal belongings--including car keys--inside the coat pocket. When she returned, she found the keys were gone, and so was the car.
- 128 Coolidge Street, 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, report taken of a larceny incident.
- 9:15 a.m. Sunday, larceny incident reported at a Dunkin Donuts shop on Beacon Street.
- A Volkswagen Jetta was reportedly stolen around 3 p.m. on Sunday from 62 Harvard Street
- Police took a report of a hit-and-run crash on Pearl Street just before 10 a.m. A man reported that the left side of his car was scratched by a passing vehicle, and that the driver of that car stopped, looked at him, then drove off slowly. The driver will be charged with leaving the scene of a property damage accident.
- Police conducting traffic enforcement at 12:30 a.m. Saturday on Boylston Street clocked a red sports car at 92 mph in a 40 mph zone. Police attempted to pull him over, but he started driving faster. The red car wove through traffic, had to slow for two cars side-by-side, and the officer was able to close the gap. The driver appeared to lose control briefly, but was ultimately came to a stop on Jackson Street at Oakmont Road in Newton. Police arrested and charged him with speeding, failure to stop, driving to endanger, and driving after a suspension.
- Hit-and-run crash reported at about 1:30 p.m. on Sunday from the intersection of Dean Road and Fisher Road.
- A reported turkey complaint from Somerset Road and Weybridge Road on Friday morning around 9:15 a.m.
- Police investigated a report of indecent assault-and-battery from 145 Fisher Avenue at about 3:15 p.m. on Friday morning.
- 4:15 p.m. Saturday, police took a report of a fight in progress at the Washington Street intersection with Boylston Street.
- At about 12:30 a.m. Sunday, police issued a bylaw citation to a loud party on Beech Road. A second praty on Englewood Road received a bylaw citation on Sunday at 1:45 a.m.
- Past assault-and-battery incident reported at 300 South Street on Sunday, before 6 p.m. on Sunday.
For up-to-the-minute updates about Brookline, follow us on Facebook or Twitter , or sign up for the Patch Newsletter .