The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Oct. 24 through 25. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- A Cypress Street man reported that he had left an item in an alleyway off of Boylston Place, and returned to find it had been stolen some time between Tuesday at 3 p.m. and 6 a.m. on Wednesday.
- A shoplifter was arrested after fleeing a store on Washington Street, at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. Police found a woman who matched the description of the suspect at the intersection of Greenough Street and Washington Street.
- Vehicle parked outside of Healthworks on Boylston Street reportedly broken into at about 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday. Police recorded a second inscident a few minutes later, and at 8:15 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. all on Wednesday. Windows in all cases were smashed, and the center consoles and glov compartments had been left open. Items were missing in all but one of the incidents, and in one occasion, the driver had to cancel her credit cards and checks.
- 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, a breaking-and-entering of a vehicle parked at the Washington Street/Greenough Street intersection, which had been parked there for about an hour. The back window had been smashed with a window, and one thing was missing.
- The window of a carriage house on Weybridge Road at about 9:45 p.m. on Thursday, although no items of value were taken.
- Bike involved in a crash on Wednesday, about 8 a.m. on Harvard Street.
- Pedestrian hit in traffic at High Street and Boylston Street just before 11 a.m. on Thursday. Police requested an officer to investigate the scene.
- A pedestrian was hit in traffic on Thursday, at bout 3:30 p.m. Harvard Street near 233 Harvard Street.
- Police were unable to find people involved in a report of road rage from Beacon Street at the Marion Street intersection jut before 6:45 p.m.
- 7:30 a.m., turkey complaint called in from Tappan Street and Welland Street.
- Police took a report of an assault-and-battery on Wednesday at about 10:30 a.m. from 300 South Street.
- Police took a record of indecent assault at 300 South Street just before 2 p.m.
- A fight in progress was reported at the Dunkin Donuts on Boylston Street at about 6 p.m.