The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Oct. 1 through 2. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Police received a report of a past breaking-and-entering, probably some time between Sept. 27 and Oct. 1, Monday morning. The vehicle owner said that he found the glove box and center console open, papers scattered around--he may have left the vehicle unlocked.
- Kent Street, 11:15 a.m. on Monday, police received a report of an identity theft. The victim reported that his account details had been altered, and checks were going to Pennsylvania.
- Chestnut Street residents reported that their bike was taken from behind the building some time between 2:30 and 2:45 p.m. on Monday.
- A man on Westbourne Terrace reported that he had seen two men leaving the front vestibule at his house, and then fleeing toward Beacon Street. Nothing was missing from the home, nor anything disturbed in the vestibule. Police reports indicate the suspects were two Hispanic young men in their early twenties, between 5'6 and 5'8 tall with short, dark hair. One had dark jeans and a tan sweater, the other a light hoodie over a polo shirt.
- 9 p.m. on Monday, outside of 91 Thorndike Street, a reported breaking-and-entering of a vehicle.
- A man who had left his car outside of 755 Boylston Street reported that his car had been stolen--after it was left parked with the keys inside.
- York Terrace, breaking-and-entering of a car recorded at about 6:45 a.m. Tuesday.
- 7:15 a.m., Coolidge Street, a report of a motor vehicle broken into on Tuesday. The victims reported some personal items were found on neighboring properties
- Loose change was taken from a car on Lancaster Terrace, which had been reportedly rummaged through, police learned at about 9 a.m. on Monday.
- Thorndike Street residents reported a package had been taken from their porch between 12:30 and 2 p.m. Tuesday, but that they had seen a package and some scattered wrapping along the sidewalk. The victims examined the scattered wrapping and learned the package was intended for the Thorndike Street home.
- An Aspinwall Avenue man reported that he'd heard some noise from the front door, about 2 p.m. Tuesday, and when he opened it, two men apparently fled from the stairs and down Netherlands Road. A neighbor in the building said that they heard someone knock on the door, although no one was there when they went to answer. Witnesses described the suspects as one man wearing a brown jacket with a black hoodie underneath, the other wearing a black hoodie over his head.
- 1 p.m. Tuesday, a Chestnut Street man reported his bike had been stolen.
- 88 Thorndike Street, report of a theft at about 2 p.m. on Tuesday.
- An officer on Lancaster Terrace at about 2:45 p.m. reportedly found a vehicle with its driver's side door open and some items discarded on the ground. Police sent units to find the suspects, and while they did not lcoate anyone, they report finding some evidence.
- 7:15 p.m. Tuesday, theft reported at 4 Perry Street. A victim reported that their mailbox--which should be attached to the buidling--was missing. At about 11:30 p.m., police received a report of vandalism at the same location, when parking reflector ribbons on a balcony had reportedly been torn down.
- Police received a report of a hit-and-run crash on Davis Avenue at about 8:45 a.m. on Monday. Police issued a be-on-the-lookout to officers in the Village.
- Bike crash reported outside of the 1630 block of Beacon Street at 3:45 p.m. Monday.
- Hit-and-run crash reported at about 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, outside of 20 Crafts Road.
For up-to-the-minute updates about Brookline, follow us on Facebook or Twitter , or sign up for the Patch Newsletter.