The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Oct. 19 through 22. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Police arrested a homeless man for breaking-and-entering at 186 Chestnut Street on Friday morning, at about 2:45 a.m. on Friday. A witness said someone had been trying to jimmy the lock on the rear door, and gave police a description of a man. They found a man in the basement of a nearby building, and showed police the twig he used to break in. He was arrested and charged with breaking-and-entering at night with the intent of committing a misdemeanor.
- Police received a report of larceny at 615 Heath Street on Friday, at about 10 a.m.
- A woman was summonsed to court after a shoplifting incident at about 6:45 p.m. Friday. An employee of TJ Maxx reported seeing the woman taking items from the shelves and put them in her bag.
- Police responded to a breaking-and-entering and larceny incident at about 9 p.m. Friday.
- The gym on Tappan Street was reportedly the scene of a larceny incident at about 10:15 p.m. on Friday.
- Theft incident reported at about 12:15 a.m. Friday at 289 Harvard Street. A hostess at a Harvard Street business reported that she had left her phone at the check in/check out station, and returned to find it gone.
- Police responded to an identity theft on Fernwood Road at about 12:45 p.m. on Saturday.
- A bike was reportedly stolen from 115 Sewall Avenue before about 2:15 p.m. on Saturday.
- 8 p.m. on Saturday, Breaking-and-entering and larceny incident reported on Heath Street.
- Bike crash reported at about 3 p.m. on Goddard Street at Pond Avenue.
- People were reportedly injured in a crash on Independence Drive at Sherman Road, about 7:45 p.m. on Sunday.
- 10:15 p.m. Sunday, crash reported involving a bike which resulted in hospital transport from the Winchester Street/Williams Street intersection.
- A past assault-and-battery incident was recorded at about 8 p.m. Friday, at 300 South Street.
- Brookline police responded to a report of three men fighting on a porch on Kilsyth Road, at about 1:30 a.m. on Saturday. The witness reported three men yelling, arguing and wrestling with each other. Police arrived on the scene and noted that they appeared to be intoxicated and under the influence of marijuana. Officers say they were disrespectful and impatient. The subjects were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
- A detective was investigating suspicious activity at a Coolidge Street location known to be a site of drug activity. Police found a vehicle, whose driver reportedly had a suspended license, and three subjects with controlled substances. One subject was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine, and possession class E drug; the second subject was placed under arrested for possession of Klonopin, the third was issued a citation for a one-way violation.
- Reported gunshots near Beaconsfield Road turned out to be fireworks, according to a few sources in the area at about 10:30 p.m. on Saturday. Police also received a report of fireworks from Kilsyth Road at about midnight.
- Police were unable to find a suspect in a reported assault-and-battery incident at 194 Chestnut Street on Sunday. The suspect reportedly fled in a black Honda Civic, police passed out their information to surrounding cities.
- A Rockledge Road man reported that he had been victim of fraudulent transactions made to his account. He was advised to cancel the card and contact his bank.