The following incident report is based on dispatch logs for May 4 through 6. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Police take a report of a larceny incident at Longwood Avenue and Harvard Street, at 9:30 a.m. Friday.
- When residents of 480 Washington Street returned home Friday afternoon, they found that someone had entered their home and rummaged through their bedrooms, taking several items from the rooms. Police took a report and requested detectives. They believe the suspect entered the room through an unlocked side door.
- 129 Centre Street reported a larceny incident at 9:30 a.m. Sunday.
- Police take a report of a stolen bicycle from 31 Linden Place on Sunday, at about 10:15 a.m. Sunday.
- Some time between 12:30 and 3:30 p.m. Sunday, a caller from Stanton Road reported that someone had entered her home while she was out gardening in the front yard. When she returned inside, someone had taken her pocket book into the backyard, taking several items from inside. The rear door was unlocked at the time of the incident.
- Saturday, an officer conducting traffic enforcement on Boylston Street at about 1 a.m. spotted a vehicle the radar gun told him was traveling 71 mph in a 40 zone. He pulled the vehicle over and approached the driver, noting a smell of alcohol coming from the car. The officer determined that the driver was under the influence of alcohol and arrested and charged him with operating under the influence.
- A caller reported that someone had slashed all four of her car's tires and poured some water into the fuel tank sometime between 1:30 and 9:30 a.m. on Saturday. She had parked the car at High Street Place.
- A court summons was issued after an assault-and-battery reported at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday night, at the Pon Avenue/Highland Road intersection.
- Officers issued a bylaw citation to a loud party on Rawson Road, at about 1 a.m. Sunday morning.
- 9:30 a.m. Sunday, 78 Browne Street reported vandalism to property.