The following incident report is based on dispatch logs for March 30 through April 1. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Shoplifting incident reported at 730 Commonwealth Avenue on Friday, before 9 a.m. The suspect was described as a white man in his late 20s to mid 30s, dirty blonde with a puffy tan coat and a Shaws shopping bag.
- Police report that a brown wallet was taken from someone using the Brookline Main Library, at about 3:45 p.m. Friday. The suspect may have been a (possibly) homeless black man in his 40s, wearing dark clothing and a large backpack.
- The Golden Temple restaurant on Beacon Street reported a larceny incident at about 11:30 a.m. on Saturday.
- At about 8:30 p.m. Saturday, a report of a past assault-and-battery incident from 300 South Street.
- A caller reporting a breaking-and-entering in progress at about 3:30 a.m. on Sunday morning described the three suspected parties as white men, one of whom was wearing a blue plaid shirt. Police issued a court summons after the caller was able to identify two
- At about 1:45 p.m., TJ Maxx employees called Brookline police to report a shoplifter the loss prevention department had in custody. Staff told police that they had seen a man take items from the store without paying for them, and then attempt to return them without a receipt. After making the return, he took three pairs of sunglasses from the jewelry department and reportedly removed the tags from them and place them in a pocket. He then purchased a shirt, perfume and a watch--but not the sunglasses. Loss prevention employees then brought him into the office and called police, who arrested and charged him with shoplifting. The sunglasses were returned to the store, the items the man paid for were stored with his property.
- Breaking-and-entering reported at Sunday, at about 2:15 p.m.
- 1180 Beacon Street, larceny incident reported at about 5:15 p.m. Sunday.
- A caller reported a road rage incident at about 2:15 p.m. on Friday. The report indicates that one driver felt that another driver cut her off, and at the next stop both drivers got out of their cars and began yelling and creaming at each other at Boylston and Cypress Streets. One of the drivers banged on the rear windows of the other person's car, and one of them struck the other in the arm. They then got into their cars, continued in traffic to the High Street intersection with Boylston Street, and continued to yell at each other.
- Police checked Harvard Avenue after an 11:30 a.m. Sunday hit-and-run crash.
- Police received a report of a stolen vehicle, parked at 1802 Beacon STreet at about 8 p.m. Sunday. After checking the surrounding area and tow companies, they found the vehicle in front of 1405 Beacon Street.
- A caller reported an assault-and-battery incident on Sunday, at about 5:30 p.m. The suspected assailant was seen wearing a black jacket with green or khaki shorts.