The following incident report is based on dispatch logs for June 8 through 10. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Police received a report of a theft at about 40 Williams Street on Fridayt morning at 9 a.m.
- 20 Parkway Road reported a license plate stolen at about 1:45 p.m. Friday.
- A caller from Thatcher Street reported that she had parked her vehicle behind her home on Wednesday, and when she returned Saturday, it was missing.
- Police took a report of a hit-and-run accident at the Centre Street Lot West on Friday, at about 1:15 p.m.
- A police officer conducting traffic enforcement at about 2 a.m. saw a man he estimated was driving between 55 and 60 mph in a 40 mph zone. The officer also says the driver was straddling marked roadway lines. He pulled the car over and determined that the driver had been under the influence of alcohol, and arrested and charged him with operating under the influence, speeding and a marked lanes violation on Sunday.
- Sunday, 2:30 p.m., a crash reported at Horace James Circle resulted in a hospital transport. State Police sent a cruiser and a tow truck to the scene.
- A motorist at the Harvard Street/Coolidge Street intersection stopped a police officer and told him there was a man going down Harvard, kicking and punching things. When an officer caught up to this man, he knocked over a deck chair outside of a restaurant on the 400 block of Harvard Street, then stood in front of the car yelling. Police say the man appeared to be intoxicated. Police arrested and charged him with disorderly conduct. A check of the area did not reveal any damaged vehicles, but they did find newspaper stands knocked over at around 2 a.m. Friday morning.
- Police responded to a complaint of leafblower noise on Cramond Road, about 3:30 p.m. Sunday, but nothing was found when police arrived.