The following incident report is based on dispatch logs for June 25 through 28. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- After a shoplifting incident, 7:30 p.m. Monday, at 525 Harvard Street, the subject involved was summonsed to court.
- Tuesday, about 1:30 p.m., report of a larceny came in from 85 Winchester Street. A package reported delivered to that address Street home was reported stolen from the doorstep.
- 99 Kent Street reported a theft at about 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
- A vehicle which had been reported stolen at about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday from 1023 Beacon Street, was reported found at 1023 Beacon Street.
- Larceny report brought in to 350 Washington Street at about 11:45 a.m. Wednesday.
- 4:25 p.m. Wednesday, Shoplifting incident reported at 730 Commonwealth Avenue. The manager reported that a subject inside the store appeared suspicious, and when he tried to stop the man, he rode off on his bike. When reviewing the surveillance tapes, police found that the man had put a headset under his shirt.
- On Wednesday, a man came into the station to report a theft from his mailbox on Euston Street. On June 19, he reports that an unidentified charge was on his bank statement, and a second, similar charge at a later date. The victim believes that someone took it from his unlocked mailbox.
- Larz Anderson Park reported a larceny at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday.
- A witness outside of Bruegger's Bagels on Harvard Street reported that a Bay State Taxi Cab may have been involved in a crash involving a bike. Police contacted the cab dispatch to reach out to the driver, but were unable to get a response.
- Police say they saw a vehicle speeding on Boylston Street at about 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning. The officer pulled the vehicle over and smelled alcohol coming from inside. The driver was arrested and charged with operating under the influence.
- At about 12:30 a.m. Thursday, an officer responded to a crash at Horace James Circle and hit a town tree. The driver was uninjured, and hit the tree while distracted. The driver was also arrested and charged for driving on a suspended license.
- A pedestrian was taken to hospital at about Harvard Street and Babcock Street on Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
- on Pine Road on Tuesday morning before 9 a.m. The bear was hit with a tranquilizer dart and transported to Western Mass. to be released into the wild.
- Turkey complaint called in at Tappan Street and Gardner Street, at about 5:15 p.m. on Thursday.
- Graffiti complaint lodged at 50 White Place, 4:30 p.m.
- 8 p.m. Monday, police and fire crews respond to a fire reported at 105 Woodland Road.
- 45 Kenwood Street, a report of a sexual assault was taken at about 12:15 a.m. Tuesday
- On Tuesday morning, a man was found lying in the roadway on Newton Street at about 12:30 a.m. While waiting for an ambulance, police asked the subject how he came to be there, and he became uncooperative and belligerent. He was then placed under protective custody.
- Police were unable to locate a reported indecent exposure at about 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday after searching the Beacon Street/Centre Street area, going toward Coolidge Corner.
- A resident on Park Street says they saw a man leaving the garage, and smelled fresh paint. When the resident went inside, he saw graffiti on the walls inside and outside. Police believe the suspect lives in the area.
- Stedman Street, resident discovered graffiti on the side of the building on Wednesday.
- Kent Street and Harvard Street, a sexual assault report ended with a man arrested at about 10 a.m. on Wednesday. A witness identified the supect when brought by police.
- Assault-and-battery incident reported at about 9:30 a.m. on Thursday.
- Police recieved a graffiti complaint at Freeman Street and Pleasant Street at 10 p.m. Thursday. Police believed it came in between 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.