The following incident report is based on dispatch logs for Aug. 6 through 9. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- 308 Harvard Street, about 8 a.m. on Monday, larceny reported.
- Breaking-and-entering reported at about 11:45 a.m. Monday. Police found a screen removed at the rear of the building, and a window opened.
- Larceny reported at 60 Tappan Street, about 6 p.m. on Monday.
- A Larceny incident was reported near the West Roxbury Parkway intersection with Puddingston Road, at about 9 a.m. Tuesday.
- 11 Stearns Road, 9:45 a.m. on Tuesday, bicycle reported stolen.
- 203 High Street, about 2 p.m. on Tuesday, bike reported stolen.
- 60 Tappan Street, police investigated a bike theft on Tuesday at about 3 p.m.
- A man reported that after parking his car on Beacon Street near the T tracks, and returning around 12:15 a.m., he saw that someone had cut into the soft top of his car in what police believe was an attempt to unlock the driver's side door.
- 320 Hammond Pond Parkway, woman arrested on Thursday after a report of a vehicle larceny in the area, Wednesday afternoon.
- In a shoplifting reported at about 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon, the suspect was described as a white man in his 40s, medium build and in good shape, with short salt-and-pepper hair, two earrings, wearing cargo shorts, denim shoes, a white T-shirt with a print, and carrying a full blue backpack.
- A report of a stolen bike from Walnut Place came in around 2 p.m. on Wednesday. The owner said she had parked the bike there at about 11:30 a.m., and it was gone when she returned.
- An Auburn Street woman said she dropped her daughter at daycare on Wednesday morning, and by the time she returned her bike was gone. It was stored in the bike, with the front tire locked to the frame--but not to an object in the garage, which means someone would have had to carry it away.
- A driver was backing out of a space when he hit an elderly woman in the parking lot at 155 Harvard Street. The woman sustained minor injuries and was taken to the hospital. The driver's license, police later discovered, was expired. He was arrested and charged with not being duly licensed and failing to use care when backing.
- Monday morning, a series of reported: one at around 12:30 a.m. on St. Paul Street and 7:30 a.m. on Browne Street.
- Bat seen at 87 Walnut Street, around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, and two others reported at 612 Washington Street and 61 Greenough Street at about 9:30 p.m.
- 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday, 1580 Beacon Street reported a bat, and another at 518 Newton Street on Wednesday, about 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday bat reports called in from: 53 St. Paul Street about 2 a.m. and at 8:30 a.m., 4:30 a.m. at 50 Winchester.
- The owner of a Washington Street store reported that the glass on his front door was broken. Surveillance videos from the area saw two girls kicking the door when they weren't able to get into the building. A witness recognized the girls, and police went to speak with one of them.
- Sometime overnight between 6:30 p.m. on Monday and 7 a.m. Monday, a Laundromat owner reported that someone had broken the door off of one of her dryers. Police took a report and will investigate.
- Police responded to a leaf blower noise complaint at 1:45 p.m. on Tuesday, at 47-39 York Terrace.
- A man was arrested and charged with indecent exposure at 1200 Beacon Street on Tuesday, at about 5 p.m. Afterwards, a representative from a local taxi company was contacted to collect one of their vehicles.
- Police recorded a graffiti complaint on Tuesday, about 5:30 p.m.
- A caller from 184 Bonad Road reported hearing gunshots at about 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, and believes they may have come from as far as Hancock Village. Passers-by in the area believe the noise were fireworks near Harvard Vanguard.
- Assault-and-battery reported at 1050 Commonwealth Avenue at about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. One of the people involved had a restraining order against them, and their last known address was a few blocks away.
- Leaf blower noise, , reported on Beverly Road at about 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Police received a report of fireworks on Wednesday, about 9:30 p.m. Those involved were gone on arrival.
- Man with knife arrested around 12:15 a.m. on Highland Street on Thursday.
- A report of open-and-gross lewdness landed one man in jail at about 7:45 p.m. Thursday evening. A vehicle was also towed from the scene, police logs indicate.