The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Sept. 24 through 25. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- Larceny incident report taken at 1319 Beacon Street at about 1:30 p.m. on Monday.
- 3:30 p.m. on Monday, police took a report of theft from 1329 Beacon Street.
- A woman returned to a table in a Harvard Street building where she had accidentally left some belongings, at about 2 p.m., and found that they were missing.
- A woman who had parked her bike on Brook Street between 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Monday returned to find that the lock had been cut and her bike was missing.
- Station Street parking lot, bike reported stolen at about 4 p.m. on Monday.
- A woman who had parked her bike in the laundry room of her building, unlocked and in the basement, returned at about 5 p.m. on Monday to find it was missing.
- At 8 p.m. Monday, a woman on Hurd Road told police that she had heard something outside earlier in the evening, but did not go to investigate--then she saw that her scooter had been damaged.
- A man parked his bike on the porch of a Doran Road home at about 5 p.m. Monday, and returned at 7 a.m. on Tuesday to find it was missing.
- A bike theft on Harvard Street was reported at about 10:45 a.m. on Tuesday.
- Someone reportedly broke into the vehicle of a woman parked on Park Street, some time between Sept. 12, 4 p.m. and 11 a.m. on Tuesday, although nothing was reported missing.
- Larceny reported at 325 Harvard Street about 3:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Boston University Police issued an alert earlier today noting that it happened at about 5 p.m. on Egmont Street at St. Paul Street. The first suspect is described as a dark skinned black male, about 5'10" wearing a royal blue sweatshirt with a grey and orange backpack, the second is said to be Lighter skinned than the previous, between 5'11" and 6' tall with short black hair, wearing a red sweatshirt or jacket, silver and black earrings with words. The third was said to be a 5'10" black man with short black hair, wearing a dark sweatshirt. All three believed to be between 16 and 20 years old. They showed a black handgun, then trio then fled with stolen property toward Pleasant Street and Commonwealth Avenue. Witnesses say they saw the three suspects remove their sweatshirts and put them into a backpack after turning a corner. There were no injuries, and some personal property was taken in the incident.
- Two youths reportedly took two bikes from someone parked at Robinson Playground. The owner said that he and his son had left them unlocked, by a fance. When they returned, they found them missing. A witness described the suspects as a white and a black male with short, groomed hair.
- Police recorded an crash on Hammond Pond Parkway with reported injuries, and notified the State Police Department ove the 4:30 p.m. incident.
- Police received a report of leaf blower noise at about 1 p.m. on Monday, although use of leaf blowers is currently allowed by the new leaf blower ban section of the noise bylaw.
For up-to-the-minute updates about Brookline, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or sign up for the Patch Newsletter.