The following incident report is based on dispatch logs for April 2 through 5.Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- 741 Heath Street, police recieve a report of identity theft at 9:15 a.m. Monday morning.
- Fraud was reported at 33 Lancaster Terrace on Monday, at 7:15 p.m.
- Bicycle reported stolen from the High School. The bike had been left at the rack, unlocked. When the owner returned at around 3 p.m., she found the bike had been stolen.
- A man swimming at the Brookline Aquatic Center reported that, while he was there, his credit card and wallet was taken from his locker. He found the locker unlocked when he returned, at about 7:45 p.m.
- at a Beacon Street bank. They were allegedly planning to rob the Blue Hills bank and Brookline Savings Bank on Beacon Street,, they would leave the bank.
- Bicycle reported stolen from the High School at 4:45 p.m. Wednesday.
- Vehicle towed after a vehicle larceny at 1051 Beacon Street, at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
- Fraud reported at 1101 Beacon Street, 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
- 225 Lee Street reported a theft on Wednesday, at 7:45 p.m.
- Sometime between Wednesday night and Thursday morning, a woman who had parked on Harvard Avenue at 5 p.m. returned to find that the wheels on the driver's side of the car were taken, and the car had been left on cinder blocks.
- Several vehicles parked on Upland Road were reportedly broken into on Thursday, at around 3:15 a.m. A witness reported seeing two men running from a neighboring driveway to a parked vehicle before taking off toward Walnut Street. Dispatch received a description of a vehicle, a grey sedan with a strip on the side. Police saw a matching description and pulled it over. In plain sight, they found several cell phone charges, GPS units and assorted tools. A laptop and several pieces of mail from Clark Court were also in the car. The two men in the vehicle were arrested and charged with possesing burglarious tools, two counts of breaking-and-entering a vehicle, and two counts of receiving stolen property worth over $250.
- Vehicle reported broken into on Cushing Street, Thursday at about 7:30 a.m. The owner of the vehicle identified property from the arrestees mentioned above, and they were additionally charged with a third count of receiving stolen property worth over $250.
- Breaking-and-entering of a vehicle reported at 291 Buckminster Road, Thursday morning at about 10:30 a.m. Three vehicles were included in the report.
- The High School reported at the High School on Thursday afternoon, at 2 p.m. Police requested Boston Police check on the well-being of a related person.
- Starbucks at 277 Harvard Street reported a larceny incident at about 4:45 p.m. on Thursday.
- The Harvard Street CVS reported a shoplifter at about 6:45 p.m. Thursday.
- 751 Heath Street reported an identity theft, at about 8:30 p.m. on Thursday evening.
- Theft reported at 1758 Beacon Street, 9 p.m. on Thursday.
- Police witnessed an accident outside of the Beacon Street Tavern, at about 6:45 p.m. on Monday. The driver's license was reportedly revoked, and whne they spoke to the driver, they could smell alcohol coming from him. The driver was arrested and charged with operating under the influence of liquor and drugs, driving on a revoked license, and an open container.
- Police responded to a hit-and-run crash outside of the Brookline Senior Center at Winchester Street, at about 12:15 p.m. Tuesday.
- Man arrested for assaulting a police officer while assisting with the exchange of information at a Cypress Street/Boylston Street crash. At 8 a.m. Wednesday morning, the man driving the second vehicle in the crash was argumentative, and tried to snatch his paperwork from the woman in the first car, hitting her arm. Officers attempted to calm the man down, when he pushed the officer. He was arrested and charged with assaulting an officer.
- Hit-and-run accident reported at Boylston and Cypress Street at about 8 a.m. Thursday.
- 5:30 p.m., coyote reportedly seen at 1 Roberts Street.
- A man was arrested after a reported dispute, 4 p.m. on Monday, at 1629 Beacon Street. Police initially received a name and description of the suspect from one of the callers.
- A man was arrested for a past assault-and-battery incident which took place at Movieworks on Beacon Street, at about 9 p.m. Thursday night. A juvenile was arrested, and police courtesy transported a woman from the scene.