The following incident report is based on Brookline Police Department dispatch logs for Sept 12 through 13. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- A bike left unlocked in the garage of a Beaconsfield Road home, about 7 p.m. on Tuesday was reportedly missing when the owner returned at 8 a.m. on Wednesday morning.
- Detectives were notified of an attempted breaking-and-entering at 7 Perry Street on Wednesday, about 9:15 a.m.
- Breaking-and-entering of a vehicle parked on Clark Road at about 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Police received a report of a theft, at about 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday from the Thatcher Street/Pleasant Street area involving a Red Bull promotional truck. Police were able to stop three kids, and escorted the youths back to the scene to return the property.
- 345 Harvard Street, 4:30 p.m., theft reported, Thursday.
- 15 Glenland Road reported a bicycle stolen at about 6:30 p.m. on Thursday.
- A woman on High Street reported, after 7:15 p.m. Thursday, that someone had broken into her husband's car and taken items form inside. Police logs received a second call from the same address at 8 a.m.
- Bike crash results in a hosptial transport, outside of 1299 Beacon Street at about 9 a.m. on Thursday.
- Breaking-and-entering of a vehicle, before 11 a.m. Thursday. The victim reported that someone had taken cash from inside the vehicle.
- A police officer responded to a car break-in on Franklin Street, about 8:45 p.m. Thursday. The car was parked in the driveway, and the owner returned to find belongings taken. All door locks were intact, and there were no signs of forced entry.
- Police received about six calls about several lound bangs in the Summit Park area (Patch received a number of Twitter reports as well). A cab driver in the area told police that they were fireworks in the Englewood Road/Kilsyth Road area.
For up-to-the-minute updates about Brookline, follow us on Facebook or Twitter , or sign up for the Patch Newsletter .