The following incident report is based on dispatch logs for August 31 through September 2. Look for weekday incident reports twice a week, and arrest logs each Tuesday on Brookline Patch. Suspects are innocent until proven guilty.
Breaking and Entering, Theft and Larceny
- While moving out of a Winchester Street apartment, at about 10:15 p.m. on Friday, a woman reported that her laptop computer was stolen from her backpack, which had been in the common hallway.
- A vehicle larceny was reported at Waldo Street and Pleasant Street on Saturday at about 4:30 p.m.
- A Cypress Street home had three bikes parked, unlocked under the back porch at 1 p.m. Saturday, the owner of which reported they were missing at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday.
- A St. Paul Street resident reported that his bike had been stolen, after being secured to a rack in the rear lot of his building. He had parked it there on Aug. 30, and returned just before noon on Sunday.
- Papers were exchanged after a hit-and-run accident reported outside of 55 Thatcher Street on Friday before 1 p.m.
- Police received a report of road rage on Friday, about 1:45 p.m. at the Washington Street/Beacon Street intersection.
- A good samaritan third party driving on Cypress Street near Boylston Street pursued the perpetrating gold minivan in a hit-and-run crash with a Chevrolet vehicle at about 3:15 p.m. on Friday. Police logs indicate they caught up with the vehicle on Brington Street.
- A police officer saw damage on a sign, tree, shrubbery and the front lawn around a Woodland Road home, which they believe happened some time between 3:30 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. on Sunday.
- 138 Tappan Street reported a turkey complaint on Sunday, about 10:30 a.m.
- A man reported that his car had been egged some time between 11 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday at 6:45 a.m. while it was parked in front of the Heath School on Eliot Street. The car was not damaged permanently.
- Sexual assault was reported at 8 Cypress Street on Friday, about 5 p.m.
- A man reported his vehicle was scratched up in the Centre Street west lot. He has a permit to park at the lot, but does not park in the same space every day. He left it on Thursday at 9 a.m. and returned Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
- Police received a report of fireworks on Sunday, about 9:30 p.m. in the Jamaica road/Highland Road area.