Last year over 2,300 people attended, the weather was fairly clear, a bit windy, with only thin haze thickening toward late evening, and everyone remarked about how much fun it was.
Below you will find the activities we have planned so far. Updates are made often.
4:00 - Outdoor events begin with rockets, kites, solar telescopes
5:00 - Indoor events run from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm - science exhibitors
7:00 - Indoor Kite Flying in the Hockey Rink 7-9 pm - kites that need no wind!
8:00 - Sunset, night telescopes set up
8:30 - Viewing of the first-quarter moon, Venus, Saturn, Jupiter, Mercury
10:00 - Finish
Free admission! Come anytime. <<See Schedule>>
Free Astronomy souvenir for first 300 children
The Clay Center holds astronomy day events in collaboration with the Amateur Telescope Makers of Boston.
* Many different telescopes will be set up for you to see and use. Safely view the sun in the daytime, and see planets and stars in the evening, weather permitting.
* Demonstrations, planetarium shows, LASER Light shows, rocketry, stunt kites, hands-on educational activities for all ages. GALILEO returns.
* Meet a famous robot from the movies, have your picture taken with it!
* Door Prizes for children - register for a chance to win telescopes, meteorites, and more.
* Food Stand open from 4:30-7:30 pm.
Children under 12 must be supervised. No pets permitted.