Growing Connections (3-6 months)
Congratulations, you've made it through the first 3 months! Although you may still be struggling with the lack of sleep and working towards achieving some type of routine in your life, you are probably starting to think about the next steps in your child's development. As your baby grows and you become accustomed to your newfound role as a mother, chances are you will develop new questions and ideas about motherhood that you might enjoy discussing with a group of peers.
This group is intended for mothers with babies ages 3-6 months, regardless of whether they have attended our First Connections group or not. Discussions are focused on the inquiries and issues related to each particular group, but a sample of what discussions may include:
- Support around ever-changing sleeping and eating patterns
- Introducing solid foods
- Sexuality and relationship with your partner
- Your child's developmental milestons
- Exploring the culture of parenting, current trends, and how to sort through all of it
- Returning to work outside the home: finding a childcare provider and making decisions around this transition
- Your identity as a woman, mother, partner and caregiver: how to balance all of this?