You live just outside of Boston. If you're a Sox fan, you've been to Fenway. That much we can safely surmise.
And of course you've heard of the Fenway Park Tours. You probably recommended them to your friends from out of town. But have you ever actually been on one? No? Well, you should get on that asap and here's why:
5 Reasons Why Fenway Park Tours are Awesome:
1. Backstage pass to special parts of the park including the press box, Green Monster seats, luxury boxes and more.
2. Super-knowledgeable tour guides.
3. Really good Yankee jokes.
4. Cheap tickets- $12 for adults, $11 for seniors, $10 for kids.
5. You're going up and down lots of stairs so yeah, you totally deserve a Fenway dog and no, you don't have to feel guilty about it.
On non-game days, tours run daily 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the hour. On game days, tours run 9 a.m. to 3.5 hours prior to game time.
Purchase tickets at the Red Sox Ticket Office or the Team Store on Yawkey Way when the Ticket Office is closed.
And while you're at it, why don't you check out:
1. The Fenway Victory Gardens. A short walk from the park, this 7-acre community garden provides a unique escape from the urban streets surrounding it. Take a leisurely stroll up and down the rows and enjoy the variety of vegetation being cultivated by your fellow city-dwellers.
2. Sweet Cheeks BBQ. Remember Tiffani from Top Chef, Season 1? Things didn't really work out for her at Rocca but we have high hopes for her new Fenway BBQ spot, Sweet Cheeks. We're doubtful it'll open this summer as promised, but why not pop by and check out the remodel progress? Located at 1381 Boylston St (where Cambridge 1 was).