[Update 11:00 a.m. Added several road closings in Brookline from the Police: Risley at Allendale, Warren at Lee, Griggs at Washington, parts on Beacon St.]
Many may feel they dodged a bullet with Irene's high winds and heavy rains, but there are still plenty out there with power outages, home/building damage and more.
We'll have this article up on the front page all day today to bring you news of cancelations, road closings, updates about power outages and more. And we can't do that without your help. Let us know via a comment, an email or a text (617-817-5794) to editor Grahame Turner. We'll add reports of road closures or hazards to our interactive map.
As of 9:30 a.m.:
- Power: NStar Tweeted this morning that they are working on repairs but that some customers without power may not get it back for a few days. For more information, contact NStar or the National Grid: NSTAR - 1-800-592-2000 National Grid - 1-800-465-1212.
- MBTA/MBCR: The MBTA announced this morning that the T will operate on a regular weekday schedule today. Crews worked through the night to clear branches and overhead wires. Riverside parking facilities are currently closed, if you are traveling to the outer D line.
- Road Closures: The Massachusetts Department of Transportation has a list of general road closures, mostly highways and state routes, of which none are listed in Brookline. Parts of Route 9 in Framingham and Southborough may see delays.
Brookline Police also noted closings at Risley Road near Allendale Road, Warren Street near Lee Street, Griggs Terrace near Washington Street, and parts of Beacon St.
- Logan Airport has cancelations for both inbound and outbound flights. Check with your airline before you leave for the airport.
- The Acela may also be facing delays. You can check to see your train's status on Amtrak's website.