1. The National Weather Service predicts a partly sunny day and a partly cloudy evening, with about a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Temperatures are expected to range between 83ºF and 67ºF.
2. Order some watercolor prints of Casey the Beacon Hill Cat, and of spots in and around Brookline, Newton and Boston. The artist is taking for the . See the artist's website for pricing.
3. Check out the new when the gallery opens at 11 a.m. today (and closes at 7 p.m.), before they host a reception on Sept. 12 with the artists. Head to the Art Gallery at Center Makor, located at 1845 Commonwealth Ave in Brighton.
4. Now that school is starting up again, you may want to make your locker feel a little more like home, or cover your books creatively, or put together a bulletin board for your room. For that, hosts a today. The class starts at 3 p.m. and will run you $30.
5. Join for their first (Shabbat together) of the new year, at their , which kicks off tonight at 5:45 p.m. They are offering a dinner at 6:15, and are asking $14 to cover it--and ask that you RSVP online, or over the phone at 617-277-6610.