1. There's a rainy friday ahead of us, the National Weather Service says. 80 percent chance by day, a little more likely at night (90 percent chance). Possibly a thunderstorm overnight, before 2 a.m. They predict a quarter to half an inch of rain all told. Temperatures between 57ºF and 53ºF.
2. The 4th Annual Children's Clothing Drive starts today. Head over to Brookline Town Hall to rid yourself of some old clothes (for kids aged 0-5). Also, these clothes will go to help Brookline families in need. Want to help, but don't have old kids' clothes? They're also collecting money, canned goods and diapers for the Brookline Food Pantry.
3. Henry Bear's Park is hosting a free session of Yoga with Janine Duffy, founder of Yoga for Kids. Stretch out and head there at 5 p.m. today.
4. The Women's National Book Association is hosting a Yankee Book Swap tonight. Bring some old books, get some new (to you) ones. It's open to everyone, men and women, and an opportunity to share and receive some fantastic new reading leads. Starts at 6 p.m. at 162 Boylston Street in Boston, and it's free!
5. Best-selling author Lisa Genova is bringing her book "Love Anthony" to the Brookline Booksmith tonight. At 7 p.m., you can ask her all about the two women whose lives are shattered in the novel--one by the death of a young autistic son, and the other by a letter detailing an affair.