1. There is a chance of showers most of the day, a 30 to 40 percent chance according to the National Weather Service. Otherwise, the day should be mostly cloudy for most of the day. There is a chance of patchy for before 11 a.m., as well as highs of 77ºF and lows of 58ºF.
2. For those who are observing Yom Kippur, there are a number of services happening in and around Brookline. There is a brief list which we ran yesterday. Head over there to let us know if we missed one or two.
3. Today is the last day of the nationwide . Starting at 8 a.m. today, head down to 296 State Street for a chance to meet with specialists to review your full financial situation, and get some help.
4. The work of a number of local artists are going to be in Brighton for the From Russia With Art Autumn exhibit, which continues today at 11 a.m. On display at 1845 Commonwealth Avenue, work by foremost Russian-American and Jewish painters.
5. Have an instrument and looking for somewhere to play? How about the Brookline Community Band? Starting at 7 p.m. tonight, at Devotion School, they will be playing. Bring your axe, or sax, whichever, and join for a night or for longer.