- In addition to the regular National Weather Service report for Brookline today, there is a Flood Watch issued for Eastern Norfolk County. There is an 80 percent chance of rain, turning into definite rain in the evening. Highs will be 70ºF, with evening lows of 63ºF.
- Human Rights City Boston is a starting at noon today. Its goal is to create a structure for handling human rights concerns, despite the complex and sometimes ingrained issues. The forum takes place at Twelfth Baptist Church, located at 150 Warren St, Roxbury.
- Fans of will be pleased to hear that he's performing at , and perhaps more pleased to go to his 2:30 p.m. show. For those who are less familiar with Gould, he's a 30-year veteran of musical performance, who is gracing EPOCH for a free show. Call Mary Rivera at 617-243-9990 to R.S.V.P.
- Cast your pearls before kine today at the , demo of . For $10, you can watch the basics of making a pearl and leather masterpiece, and if you want to pick up materials you can make your own today. Get there at 6 p.m. If you're interested in more, they are also hosting their after the demo (7 p.m.), where you can discuss your ongoing projects and get new inspirations for projects you didn't know you wanted to start.
- Stephen Fry once wrote, "I believe poetry is a primal impulse within all of us." If you are attuned to that instinct, then perhaps your evening will take you to the for . 7 p.m., the poets take to the 'Smith to share some of their works and talk more about poetry.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something