1. Mostly sunny today, so says the National Weather Service, along with a high of 69. The night should be mostly cloudy, there may be some patches of fog early Saturday morning, and the lows will dip to about 54ºF.
2. If you happened to miss last night's Live Chat with Sarah McGinty about the college application essay, don't despair. There are two chances to get caught up. You can either read the transcript of the chat on our website, or attend her Brookline Booksmith event on Sunday at 4 p.m. If you have a lot of questions, you could do both.
3. Parking may be a little tight in Coolidge Corner today because of Brookline Park(ing) Day. Several parking spaces have been transformed into small parks to celebrate green space in town. These parks are between Green Street and Babcock Street on Harvard Street. Stop by and check them out.
4. RESOLVE New England provides a regular Infertility Support Group, which meets tonight at Congregation Kehillath Israel, at 7 p.m. Whether you're a woman, a man, coming solo or as part of a couple, if you need some support, these folks will help you out. Call or e-mail for more info: email@example.com or 781-890-2250.
5. Keanu Reeves, Patrick Swayze, surfers, and a bunch of presidential rubber masks. It is "Point Break," and it is this weekend's @fter Midnite showing at the Coolidge Corner Theatre. A classic '90s action staple, following a young FBI agent breaking his way into a ring of bank thieves. Not for the faint of heart, and tickets run $9.