1. There is about a 50 percent chance of rain today--between a quarter- and a half-inch, according to the National Weather Service. The evening may also see some rain, a slight chance of about 20 percent. Otherwise, it should be cloudy. Temperatures should be somewhere between 55ºF and 46ºF.
2. Have any interest in Growing Brookline Local First? Well then perhaps the place to be is Puppet Showplace Theatre at 7:45 a.m. today. They're starting with a continental breakfast, and moving onto a workshop at 8 a.m. In case you missed who they are, their website launched a couple of months ago.
3. The Brookline Recreation Department is opening their Indoor Play Space today (perfect, given the weather forecast above). Head on over, play with some fellow kids while the parents get to know each other. Opens at 9:30 a.m., and entry is $5.
4. Arts aficionados have a chance to meet the . At the Brookline Main Library, at 7 p.m. tonight Judith Steinbergh, Elizabeth McKim and Zvi Sesling will be sharing some works.
5. The Brookline Open Studios Kick-Off Meeting is tonight at the Brookline Community Foundation. Want to get involved in the Open Studios event next year? Then head over or e-mail Gwen Ossenfort for more information.