- The National Weather Service report for Brookline indicates that today will be sunny, 60ºF, and pretty nice. The evening will cool off to 39ºF and get partly cloudy.
- will host their at 3:30 p.m. LaFleur is a 20-year veteran of the folk scene, and will entertain with a mix of folk and blues, all acoustic. RSVP to Julie Bolt at 617-879-2589, as space is limited.
- Fall is here, Halloween around the corner, and is going to help you make some new friends. are today at 3:30 pm, and will run you $15. Scarecrows love hand-me-downs, so bring a long-sleeved shirt and pants in childs sizes.
- the sale of tobacco in pharmacies and other medical facilities. Tonight, there is an . It starts at 6 p.m. at the . If you have an opinion about the article, come to the meeting for more information.
- is a story about "picture brides" brought over from Japan nearly a century ago. Her previous novel, "When the Emperor was Divine" been compared favorably to "," and at 7 p.m., she will be at the .