1. Temperatures between 64ºF and 44ºF are in the Brookline weather forecast from the National Weather Service. They are also calling for a 40 percent chance of showers during the day, and a 20 percent chance in the evening. Which means, if you're trick-or-treating tonight, pack an umbrella.
2. Trick-or-treating is expected to go on despite damage from Hurricane Sandy in some parts of town. The DPW hopes to have the hard-hit Payson and Meadowbrook Roads cleared up by mid-day. Let us know where you plan to trick-or-treat tonight!
Also, check back with Patch before you head out to trick-or-treat for some Halloween safety tips.
3. If you're interested in Chabad Chai Center's program, they are offering a free session today. Swing by their St. Paul Street location at 9:15 a.m. and check out the creative movement and social atmosphere with other moms.
4. Don your costumes and head over to Yawkey Way in Boston for the annual Trick-or-treat at Fenway Park. In addition to face-painting, magic, pumpkin decoration and, of course, candy, Red Sox alumni Frank Malzone, Ted Lepcio, Rich Gedman, and Bob Montgomery will be hanging around. They're kicking things off at Gate B at 4 p.m., and it's free. (weather permitting).
5. The Coolidge Corner Theatre's Special Screening tonight: "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" starts at 7 p.m. and runs you $7. As a vaudevillian star, Jane's, childhood career wanes, her sister, Blanche's, adult acting career is picking up. Then, an accident cripples Blanche and sends Jane into a regressive state, and the audience into a ride of black comedy, psychodrama and gothic horror.