1. Showers and winds are part of the National Weather Service's forecast for today--a 100 percent chance of showers. Temperatures should be between 68ºF and 55ºF. Obviously, about it throughout the day.
2. Schools are closed again today because of the Hurricane. The Public Schools of Brookline website announced last night that the schools will be closed, but the school offices will re-open at 10 a.m. Town offices should be open today, according to the Town website.
3. Trash collection is running normally today, and it ran normally yesterday. Again, from the Town of Brookline website, the town is asking that trash containers be put out before 7 a.m., and brought back inside after 2 p.m. because of the winds.
4. The first of the annual flu clinics was slated for between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. today at the Brookline Senior Center, but it has been canceled because of the hurricane. There are three other clinics planned for November 14, 18, and December 4. The Brookline Health Department website also indicates that the clinic may be rescheduled.
5. Patch is again your source for all things Hurricane Sandy (as this Five Things column may suggest). Follow us on Facebook or Twitter, sign up for our newsletter, or download the Patch apps for your Android or iOS devices. Post your photos throughout the day on our gallery, and read our Storify for updates.