1. On the off chance you haven't already heard: The National Weather Service is predicting a hurricane will heavily affect our weather today--as well as issuing a High Wind Warnin and a Coastal Flood Warning. Heavy rains are a 100 percent chance today, with temperatures between 61ºF and 58ºF. The Governor has also declared a state of emergency for Hurricane Sandy.
2. Brookline Schools are closed today, according lists from WCVB and CBS Boston both. While the Governor has also encouraged private businesses to let their workers stay home, you should probably still call ahead to make confirm they are closed.
3. To keep up to date with the hurricane, even if you lose power, download the Patch apps for your Android or iOS devices. You can also sign up for breaking news alerts and regular email newsletters on our website. We will keep you informed through our Brookline Hurricane Info Center.
4. Definitely don't put yourself in harms way, but we are eager to see your storm photos! We will have a photo gallery page posted soon, but in the meantime, you can post them to the Pics and Clips gallery.
5. According to the event website, the 2012 Leading Women Awards, which was originally slated for 7:30 a.m. today, has been postponed. Check the website for the updated date. It would have been at 39 Dalton Street in Boston, and $150.