1. Cooling off a little compared to yesterday, but otherwise mostly sunny all day and partly cloudy in the evening. The National Weather Service is saying temperatures will range from 58ºF highs to 43ºF lows.
2. Get yourself in a creepy mood with some creepy music. Head into Neville Place in Cambridge, and catch the Halloween Performance by The Silver Newtones at Neville Place at 2 p.m. today. It's a free show, and all are welcome.
3. Considering investing in real estate, but want a little more advice? You could always Join Boston Real Estate Investment Club’s meeting today. At 6 p.m. today, they're going to be at Osaka Japanese Sushi and Steakhouse. It'll run you $10 if you pre-register on their site, or $15 at the door. You'll get some sushi.
4. Tonight at 415 South St in Waltham, historian Dagmar Herzog is doing a Lecture on Post-Holocaust Antisemitism and the Psychiatry of Trauma. He will explore the various psychological--or perhaps pseudo-psychological--reasons doctors were using to deny reparations to Holocaust survivors. This begins at 7 p.m. tonight, and is free.
5. Brookline Booksmith is hosting an interesting look at the lives of some of your favorite authors--and a writer who knows a thing or two about "Shakespeare’s Tremor and Orwell’s Cough: The Medical Lives of Famous Writers." Dr. John Ross will be at the 'smith at 7 p.m. tonight.