1. Cloudy, but fairly warm today. A mostly cloudy day with highs of 74ºF is what the National Weather Service is telling us to expect, followed by an evening of clouds and a 40 percent chance of showers--mostly after 8 p.m.--with lows of 61ºF.
2. You get our newsletter, but are you getting the full story? All of the stories we post during the day go to both the Brookline Patch Facebook and Twitter accounts, but they don't necessarily make the daily e-mail newsletter. Make sure you're not missing anything, and follow us on the platform of your choice!
3. There is , if you are a local artist. Brookline Commission for the Arts has a number of grants to give out, and all you have to do is fill out an application. For specific guidelines and complete information on the BCA, contact Gillian Jackson, Administrator at email@example.com or 617-730-2135.
4. EPOCH Assisted Living at Boylston Place, . His show starts up at 3 p.m. at their 615 Heath St location. It's a free show, but to prevent an overly-packed house, please RSVP to Julie Bolt at 617-879-2589.
5. At 6 p.m. tonight, the Brookline Booksmith is presenting Dennis Lehane--you may know him for Mystic River--is presenting his new book "Live By Night"
at the Coolidge Corner Theatre. Tickets are $5, and it's followed by a book signing after he speaks!