1. Brookline's weather report, via the National Weather Service, predicts a breezy day with highs in the 70s. In the evening, you can expect lows of 54ºF and a partly cloudy night.
2. Otto Pizza fans can snag a Free Slice today at OTTO Pizza’s New Location: 888 Commonwealth Ave. If you want a free slice, text the key word OTTO.1 to 33938, then head to the store and show them your phone--between 2 and 6 p.m.
3. Hope you like wine and mushrooms, because it's Pinot & Mushroom Week at Lineage, all week. Try wines paired with mushroom dishes, or mix and match the flavors. Starts at 5 p.m. for a wine, or for just a glass of red.
4. Pastor Max Marcoux of Newton's . Starts at 6:30 p.m. tonight, at 150 Lowell Avenue in Newtonville.
5. An author whose wit and wisdom best captures the relationship between man and dog: Jon Katz. His new book is "Dancing Dogs" and he's at the Brookline Booksmith, at 7 p.m. tonight. Stories of puppies in need of a rescue, and of dogs dancing with people.
[Correction: Free Pizza event ends at 6 p.m., not 7 p.m. as previously indicated. This has been corrected above 9:19 a.m.]