1. Last night's Nor'easter should still bring some rain during the day, an 80 percent chance estimation of rain, followed by an 40 percent chance of showers in the evening. The National Weather Service is estimating about a tenth to a quarter inch of rain all told, and temperatures between 43ºF and 33ºF.
2. With veterans day coming up, the Seaport Hotel in Boston is hosting the Tenth Annual “Leave No One Behind” Dinner To Benefit New England Center for Homeless Veterans. Starting at 6 p.m. with a reception and a silent auction, followed by dinner. Tickets are $275. For more information, call 617-371-1704 or e-mail email@example.com.
3. If you are interested in stopping by the . For an hour, starting at 6:30 p.m., you can learn more about the JCC's program, meet the teachers and directors of the school.
4. There is an old Greek proverb, "Travel is the best education." Meet Daniel Klein as he "Travels With Epicurus: A Journey to a Greek Island in Search of a Fulfilled Life." At Brookline Booksmith tonight, he will be talking about visiting the isle of Hydra in search of a way to balance aging and happiness. Starts at 7 p.m.
5. Two films from the The 24th Annual Boston Jewish Film Festival screen tonight. The movie "Room 514" runs at 7 p.m. followed by "All In," which starts at 9:30 p.m. The program is at the Coolidge Corner Theatre, and tickets will run you $12, or $11 Coolidge Corner, Museum of Fine Arts, WGBH and Boston Jewish Film Festival members, seniors and students each.