1. A sunny day, and 49ºF temperatures are expected during the day, says the National Weather Service. The evening temperatures will dip to 34ºF, and there is a chance of some overnight rain and possibly snow--about a 30 percent chance.
2. One recommended way to teach kids language is by immersion. is offering , which start today. They are offering a class on Fridays at 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. There is another class on Wednesdays at the same time. $150 gets you into the nine week program.
3. Join the tonight, to help them raise some money for their scholaship program. At 6:30 p.m. tonight, at 20 Ericsson Street in Dorchester. For $120, they are offering entertainment, a sumptuous buffet and a silent, live auction.
4. If you live in the Fisher Hill neighborhood, you may have some thoughts and input on the at 8 p.m. tonight. They're meeting at to establish the committee, as well as the issues they will face going forward.
5. "The Raid: Redemption" not only opens today, but it's one of the Coolidge Corner Theatre's @fter Midnite shows tonight. If you want to catch the show, it runs today at 12:00 p.m., 2:20 p.m., 5:00 p.m., 7:20 p.m., 9:40 p.m., and after midnight, starting at 11:59 p.m. Their other late night show is "Riki-Oh: The Story Of Ricky," which also runs tomorrow night.