1. Cooler than last week, but breezy--48ºF with winds expected to hit somewhere between 14 and 26 mph. The National Weather Service predicts much of the same for the evening, 28ºF with winds possibly hitting 33 mph.
[Editor's Note: Due to confusion on my part, items 2 through 4 originally included events for tomorrow, March 27. Those items will appear in this column tomorrow morning, and a new selection of March 26 items is included below. The photo has also been changed. 4:16 p.m.]
2. The Museum of Fine Arts and a : two great tastes that taste great together. At 6:30 p.m. tonight, if you head to 465 Huntington Ave, Boston, you can sample some fine dishes from some of Boston's finest cooks, including Joanne Chang, Jose Duarte, Gordon Hamersley, Jacky Roberts, and Jasper White. Proceeds benefit Joslin Diabetes Center’s Asian American Diabetes Initiative (AADI), coming from the $250 entry.
3. Meeting again tonight in Wellesley, the , or WAGLY is a non-profit support organization for youth, which provides social and educational programs. The will be at 309 Washington St in Wellesley, at 7 p.m.
4. How does pizza sound tonight? is running for Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. How does it work? Simply order a pizza from them today, and use the code “ALLYAVONWALKS” when you check out. 10% of proceeds go to Allison Pelle's goal of $1800 for the walk.
5. At 7 p.m. tonight, Louis Begley "Schmidt Steps Back" is at the . Lewis Schmidt, the title character, is in a unique place: A truce with his daughter, but none with her motherr-in-law or her husband. He's lost one love, but has a chance at with a former lover. Now he has to wonder whether he's worthy of forgiveness.