1. The National Weather Service is telling us that today, you can expect 89ºF highs and 62ºF. There's a chance of showers or maybe thunder storms before 1 p.m., about a 30 percent chance. Otherwise, the day will be partly sunny and mostly clear.
2. You have, no doubt, been collecting medical devices--crutches, for example. If you have a couple of extra pieces in your collection you'd be willing to part with, then head over to the as the . The Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Ever seen the Big Apple? Have some particular memories of it? Well, today, about New York. Want to check it out? The place to be is , the time is 2:30 p.m., and the number to call, Julie Bolt at 617-879-2589 to RSVP.
4. Fans of wine should head over to . Starting at 5 p.m., welcomes Sophia Kelley, Wine Manager and Sommelier of Grill 23, who will pour a few of her favorite wines--which you can pick up at a steal (if "a steal" is a 50 percent discount in your book).
5. What is living in the "?" has a few ideas, which she's presenting in her book of that title. She'll be talking the book up at 7 p.m. at--where else?--the .