1. Although the day promises to be partly sunny with a high of 87ºF, the National Weather Service is also warning of a 30 percent chance of showers, which could lead into a 20 percent possibility of thunderstorms by night. Otherwise, the evening will be partly cloudy with a low of 62ºF.
2. If you are wondering why any particular event was or was not selected for the Five Things column, the answer is simple: the Events Calendar. If your event is not, its chances of appearing are significantly decreased.
3. While the kids are out of for the summer, Brookline Adult Education is offering a whole slew of SmartSummer courses. Subjects range from to. Sign up as soon as possible to get involved.
4. presents a mother-daughter writing team talking about their newest book. In a special, both ," a new book about a teenage bookworm whose favorite fairy tale prince starts talking to her. The tickets are $5, show starts at 6 p.m.
5. It is coming from the depths, and it is coming to destroy the city. Not Boston, though--Tokyo! Tonight's . 7 p.m. tonight, watch the radioactive reptile on a big screen rampage for only $9.