- National Weather Service's Brookline forecast tells us that we'll have a cloudy day, with the clouds starting to recede later in the evening. High of 40ºF, and a low of 25ºF.
- The Governor is encouraging students, although parents can certainly do the same, to wear black to "Black out bullying" for "No Name Calling Day." As part of Gov. Patrick's 2010 anti-bullying legislation, Jan. 25 should be a day without bullying.
- The around town. They'll be talking about signage at the following spots: Hebrew Senior Life Medical Group building, Brookline Bank, Terra Vino (formerly Kashmir Foods), Brookline Tailoring Plus, Barcelona (formerly The Roadhouse), and Remax. If you're affected and want to comment on them, 8:15 a.m. at is the place to be.
- Uncap a cola (glass bottle), and keep the cap for a bracelet, necklace, or something fancy. Head over to 's $40 , which starts at 6:30 p.m. tonight.
- Author David Scheffer was at the forefront of attempts to try war crimes for atrocities over the course of his lifetime, and he was there during the creation of the International Criminal Court. In he talks more about what happened. In an event co-sponsored by Amnesty International, he'll be at at 7 p.m. tonight.