- Daytime showers (about a 60 percent chance, mostly before 11 a.m.), evening breezes, and a high of 46ºF and low of 26ºF. In case you happened to wonder what the weather was going to be like today, at least according to the National Weather Service.
- Today is Friday the 13th. The superstitious, or friggatriskaidekaphobic, among us may want to know a little . Knock on wood if you have to, and don't let a black cat cross your path.
- THe , sponsored in part by the is running right now. You can drop off some new and gently-used winter clothes at , Fast Frame or the West Roxbury Parkway for the donations. They're anticipating about 15,000 requests this year.
- The ancient art of karaoke comes to today. Today, for a karaoke singalong performance. Show starts at 2:30 p.m. and it's a free gig.
- Tonight, the Coolidge will show The Divide, . The movie tracks eight neighbors thrust together in a bunker-like basement after nuclear fire rains on New York--but the story isn't about the war outside, it's about survival. Show starts at 11:59 p.m., and tickets are $9 (another show, same time Saturday). First 50 people to bring canned goods get a signed poster.