1. The National Weather Service predicts some rain and snow showers coming from last night, which should taper off to rain after 11 a.m. Showers will mostly be before 9 a.m. , with up to an inch gathering today. Highs should hit 43ºF, lows bottoming out at 31ºF.
2. Jazz composer, a Berklee alum, is at to show off some of his skills (i.e., perform) at 2:30 p.m. today. It's a free show, but as space can be limited, call ahead to reserve a seat: 617-243-9990.
3. Two chances to check out the as a movie venue. They have 10:30 a.m. today, and then are showing "Despicable Me" at 3 p.m. Both showings are free, and should be fun.
4. Come and cast your votes during : Who are you going to vote for? Gigi, a female western lowland gorilla; Christopher, a male lion; Tito, a male Andean condor; Jockamo, a male giant anteater; Isidoro, a male Brazilian ocelot; or maybe Stella Luna, a female red panda. Those are the candidates, and they're debating (sort of) at Franklin Park Zoo today. Entrance is $10.
5. Don't forget to come back next week to vote on the . We'll need your input on what the best smoothies in town are, so keep an eye out for the poll starting on Monday!