- about a 20 percent chance of showers, if you're out and about before 8 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. May be some overnight showers in the evening as well. The highs are expected to hit 54ºF, with lows going as far down as 39ºF.
- Brookline has a huge number of great businesses and establishments, many of which are in our directory here. Did you know that you can follow them? Look up your favorite businesses, and sign up for e-mail alerts whenever they post an event or announcement, or are in a local story.
- The Brookline Music School is Making dances for boys today. Their dance class gives boys a chance to feel the rhythm and flow of music. These classes run $330, and are starting at 3 p.m. today.
- Sara J. Benincasa, author of "Agorafabulous!: Dispatches from My Bedroom" is funny enough on her own, but when she's at Brookline Booksmith with local comedians Erin Petti and Maria Ciampa, it'll be a pretty hilarious evening. 7 p.m. tonight, the free show promises to break the 'Smith's Laugh-o-meter.
- Today is Ash Wednesday (which is why you may see people with ash on their foreheads). If you're looking for a service, Church of the Redeemer's Ash Wednesday Services start at 7:30 p.m. tonight.