- Here's what the National Weather Service says for today: It should be a partly sunny day, with a slight breeze. The evening will carry clouds with it. There may be some snow showers overnight, about a 20 percent chance of this. The highs will hit 41ºF, lows dropping to 24ºF.
In related weather news, it is Groundhog Day, which of course means that, if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, we're in for six more weeks of winter (NWS predicts it will be cloudy this morning in Punxsutawney, PA).
- Sing-alongs and favorites are what you can expect when . The show, kicking off at 10 a.m., is a crowd pleaser, and space can be limited there. Call ahead to RSVP: 617-243-9990.
- Head over to the for their event. It kicks off at 10:30 a.m., and is free and promises some great tales at the Coolidge Corner boutique.
- Step in for a traditional celebration tonight. Two different places to check out: Olé Mexican Grill, 11 Springfield Street in Cambridge and Zócalo Cocina Mexicana, 35 Stanhope Street in Boston. From 5 p.m. 'til 10 p.m. tonight, you can get the traditional meal: seasoned meat, vegetables, chilies or cheese wrapped in cornmeal dough and steamed in cornhusks.
- presents, tonight, . Starting at 7 p.m., you can hear some of their work, such as poems from Henderson's "Elegies for New York Avenue" and Thompson's "Zero is the Whole I Fall into at Night."