- The National Weather Service report for Brookline promises a sunny day, but about as cool a one as yesterday. Temperatures will peak as high as 46ºF, and dip no lower than 29ºF during the mostly clear night.
- Art Matters is a group dedicated to art awareness and education, and they're holding at 1:30 p.m. today. If you're interested, call ahead to RSVP with Julie Bolt at 617-879-2589, as has limited, but free, space.
- Bruce Willis stars in "," as the series returns to the : A man is sent back in time to study the origin of a virus outbreak that has ravaged the planet, but he's sent to the wrong year, then arrested and committed as insane. The film is accompanied by a discussion of viruses and epidemiology, with writer, Yale lecturer and tapeworm namesake Carl Zimmer. Tickets are $9
- hosts His latest novel follows a man whose goal to live a boring life is interrupted by his mother, visions of the holocaust, an arsonist, and a historical specimen living in his attic. Want to know more? You'll have to head to the 'Smith at 7 p.m. tomorrow night.
- Get yourself , as and Reform Jewish Outreach continue their program. There is no enrollment fee, but call ahead to register. Contact Joyce Schwartz for more information at the Union for Reform Judaism office: 617-928-0012 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The classes are designed for "beginners" starting out with Judaism.
[Editor's Note: The Shalom Auslander event is not tonight, it is actually in January. The Booksmith is hosting an event tomorrow night, featuring John McDonough with "Inside National Health Reform." However, the Brookline Booksmith is still open tonight for holiday shopping. 11:11 a.m.]