- If you're not an avid reader of the National Weather Service reports for Brookline, you may have missed their prediction for today: 78ºF highs, mostly sunny, with the evening becoming mostly cloudy with lows of 63ºF.
- As reported yesterday, , pending Moody's review of the national bond rating. As of last night, the United States has maintained its Aaa rating, but has been downgraded to a "Negative outlook." This means that, within two years, there is a chance that Moody's may downgrade the rating. The agency has not yet changed the ratings for the nation or Brookline, or for any other town in Massachusetts.
- Because everyone brings something a little different to parenting, it's possible to both send and receive some mixed messages. The Ask The Expert series at presents "" at 10:30 a.m. today. This event features Terri Chebot, MEd, who you can reach at email@example.com for more information.
- The continues this week, once again 6:30 p.m. at . Tonight's guest: HipSocket. A local, seven-piece outfit playing pretty much everything from Stevie Wonder, Etta James, Amy Winehouse to Van Morrison, Aretha, Marvin Gaye, Joss Stone. You may even be treated to one of their fresh originals.
- Tom MacDonald, author of is heading to tonight at 7 p.m. Likely to be a hit with fans of "The Town," the novel is about a former Boston College football hero whose life is dragged into the seedy undergroung of the city after his godfather is murdered. It's a free talk, and an opportunity to learn more about the book.