- The National Weather Service report for Brookline says that today should be warm and sunny. Highs near 79ºF, and lows in the evening around 58ºF. The day and night will both be mostly clear.
- If you are, or someone you know is, still without power after the , contact NSTAR or National Grid, depending on the company to whom you pay electricity bills. Contact NSTAR at 800-592-2000, or National Grid at 1-800-465-1212.
- When you're in the Chestnut Hill today, make sure you check out the . Elana Mokady, a Brookline resident, created the colorful, whimsical displays, which were born from subjects like friendship and a child-like attitude.
- "Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know." The opening of Albert Camus' existentialist classic "The Stranger" says a lot about the main character, and about existentialism as a movement. This is the book for this week's edition of . 7 p.m. at . New members are always welcome.
- A carefree girl is sold to a brutal carnival strongman in Frederico Fellini's classic La Strada, and remains faithful to him--despite his mistreatment, until a chance meeting with a tightrope walker. The is showing this classic of Italian film tonight at 7 p.m., tickets run $9.