- The National Weather Service report for Brookline forecasts we'll have some patchy fog before 9 a.m. but otherwise a clear day with highs of about 84ºF. Evening lows will be 66ºF, and the weather should be cloudy.
- Estimates from the National Weather Service also indicate that Hurricane Irene should make landfall over the weekend, and there is a possibility of tropical storms or hurricane conditions on Sunday. Get prepared today, organize emergency plans with your family, purchase supplies and ready the home for the possible storm. Stay with Patch today and over the weekend for more hurricane prep tips, and we will be covering every moment of the storm. Email us photos, videos and tell us your storm stories this weekend.
- Today is the last day for . If you've missed the fun so far, get in on it. Old Sturbridge Village,Berkshire Museum and the Pittsfield Ecotarium are all free today. As are the first 340 seats at New Repertory Theatre in Watertown for their performance of of "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn."
- You know "The Fiddler on the Roof," but do you also know the man who created the characters and the style of humor? A new film, "" about that man, Aleichem, starts today in the. Tickets cost $9, and there are showings throughout the day, at 12 p.m., 2:20 p.m., 4:50 p.m., 7:10 p.m., and 9:30 p.m.
- Boston-based choreographer and performer will be at the at 2:30 p.m. today for a free show. Space is limited, so you should RSVP ahead of time, 617-243-9990.